About this opportunity
An unbelievable lifestyle opportunity awaits a motivated outdoorsy operator to take over this great business with a full on season commencing July 1 of this and each year. Additional recreation charters can be included in the business and discussed on application. This is a genuine sale as it is part of bigger business run by a young family needing some downtime.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- Established in 2014
- Fun, Exciting and Unique Opportunity
- Many Additional Business Growth Options
- Set Up with Booking Agencies – Strip and Bookeo
- Eco Certified and Marine Park Permits
- Commercially registered 6.2m RIB vessel “Antares” 27796QC exp. 1/2022
- New 100hp Honda 4 stroke outboard
- All safety equipment including PFD lifejackets
- Tandem Dunbar boat trailer, registration 250UCM (exp. 22/11/18)
- Landcruiser 11 seat Troop Carrier reg. 503 KHO (exp. 2/7/18)
- Systems and Procedures in Place
- Great Branding
- Established Marketing/Advertising
- Sale includes snorkelling equipment for compliment
- Active Facebook Page with more than 2300 Likes
- Operate from Home
- Full training available on handover
- Great Reputation
Townsville Whale Watching is fully set up and been operational for the last three seasons and now heading into a fourth. The passionate owner knows exactly what’s required and welcomes the opportunity to train an incoming operator should it be required. This business can be simply operated by a coxswain who holds a car licence. If you do not hold a current Coxswains ticket the seller is in a position to assist in that process.
The ‘Troopy’ (Land Cruiser Troop Carrier) offers clients an exciting trip to the launch location, where the very comfortable 6.2m RIB takes you safely on a thrilling ride thru some of the most picturesque coastal scenery and along the length of the longest jetty in the southern hemisphere to the Whale rich waters. Due to the nature of the business weather plays a part and fortunately being the time of year interruption limited to 3 – 4 days per season.
Whale sightings have occurred on every trip conducted over the past 3 years (except 1 at the end of each season!) with whale numbers continuing to climb. The operating area is all partially smooth waters, and this area attracts Humpback Whales for calving, nursing and mating. Often, during the season, we will encounter large groups of males fighting and thrashing at each other, breaching, rushing and tail slapping – all very exciting behaviours to witness. Further the young calves often ‘play’ with our vessel, breaching nearby and swimming underneath.
Online booking and payment systems are established and very easy to manage. Booking also come through booking agents (who now use our easier online system).
Facebook page direct handover, website details can be transferred and modified to suit new owner.