Group Title $1,900,000 Negotiable
Sunbird Motel + an additional a multi-use site on 5 hectares
About this opportunity
The property in total measures 6.5 hectares and is split into the following 3 areas:
1. The motel takes up 10,250m² block and is set on dry tropical bushland, on the side of a hill, overlooking the Nome There is town & bore water and solar power.
2. A two storey masonry and timber residence set on 9,655m² The block also contains town & bore water, horse stable, shed, truck shed, tool shed. The residence has a 3m deep diving undercover swimming pool and entertainment area. The residence is currently rented out.
3. A 4.5 hectare prime development site with significant development and infrastructure already completed. The block is located within the new Elliot Springs – Alligator Creek – State Development Zone triangle. There is direct access to the Bruce Highway.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- 6.5 Hectares of Freehold Property
- 15 Minutes from the CBD
- Income Producing
- Very Well Established
- 3.5 Star AAA Rating Motel
- Fully Self-Contained Units
- Residential Development Opportunity
- City Side of the New Elliott Springs Development
- Motel Lease Opportunity
- Large Residence Lease Opportunity
- Excellent Property Asset Value
- Great Website www.sunbirdmotel.com.au
The motel consists of 10 self-contained units in a tranquil rural setting. There is a range of sleeping arrangements to cater for singles, couples and families. Guests have the use of an outdoor bush kitchen with BBQ and laundry & ironing facilities. All rooms have the following facilities; Shower, ensuite, microwave, refrigerator, tea making facilities, toaster, clock radio, television and free Wifi. There is a two-bedroom attached Manager’s residence with lounge and utility rooms.
The motel has a fully licensed commercial kitchen which is open 7 days a week. Breakfast and dinner can be delivered to guests rooms or enjoyed in the outdoors with stunning sunsets against the backdrop of the valley.
The property is strategically located just 15km from Townsville CBD, on the Bruce Highway which is a major highway that links Brisbane to Cairns. The motel serves a large catchment area and experiences passing traffic flow of up to 40,000 vehicles on a daily basis of which a high percentage is local traffic.
The motel is popular with rural and tourism travellers visiting Townsville or travellers needing a place to rest whilst travelling to destinations either further north or south. There are numerous events throughout the year that the motel gets bookings for which include all North Queensland Cowboys NRL home games, V8 Supercars Series, Music & Cultural events, and sporting events. Weekly rentals are available for contract workers.
The business has great exposure on the internet. It has its own website and a simple Google search will find them.
This well-structured and easy to run business provides an excellent opportunity to buy a sustainable business, residence and land development opportunity. The business is suitable for a family or extended family accommodation and operation. It has consistent trading figures over the years and full financials are available.
This great investment provides all sorts of opportunities from being a fantastic family lifestyle with some horses maybe, lease out the motel, operate it directly, or convert the motel and managers residence into permanent accommodation. Turn the block into a residential development for a massive return. It definitely has provision for income streams.
The City of Townsville is on the cusp of moving forward with $6.0B + in approved developments and projects citywide.
The site provides excellent views and a valley aspect with a gentle sloping orientation. It provides for excellent drainage, is not subject to any flooding and the valley funnels the prevailing South Easterly breezes.
The seller is serious and committed to selling and listed this great opportunity accordingly for sale at $1,900,000 negotiable.